Laura's Reviews > The Cupid Effect

The Cupid Effect by Dorothy Koomson

Jul 11, 10

Read from July 03 to 11, 2010

I couldn't put this book down, it was one of those books where you end up hating everyday life for getting in the way of you finishing it sooner.

I read the first 140 or so pages in less than 2 days, and then I started running out of time to finish it.

Ceri D'Altroy is a modern-day Cupid who touches the lives of everyone she meets. Ceri narrates the story of how she left her life as a journalist in London to achieve her dream as a psychology lecturer in Leeds. Along the way she meets many different people who can't help but pour their hearts out to the woman they hardly know, and while Ceri originally told herself she would stop getting involved in other people's lives, she finds she can't help herself! In the end Ceri just wants love herself, and following the final chapter I found myself wishing it hadn't ended, I just wanted to know what happens next in her life.

This story is incredibly funny, and made me smile, totally different to everything I've read recently!

I'm really looking forward to reading more Dorothy Koomson books, and I've heard they're even better than this.

As ever with a first novel, this scores 4 out of 5 stars. I want to give it 5, but I know that's like me saying her other books won't be any better. And if the reviews are anything to go by, I think they will be!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cupid Effect.

07/04/2010 page 112
35.0% "I've never read any of Dorothy Koomson's books before, and after just 112 pages of this book, I'm completely hooked. I'm finding it really witty, and it's completely different to the books I've been reading recently. I just want to use up all my time to finish it!"
show 1 hidden update…