valee's Reviews > Born to Bite

2320890
Sep 12, 10

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance
Read from September 09 to 12, 2010

I know as the creator of the Argeneau group I should love the books in the series more than anyone, but seriously this book was terrible. I even gave 2 stars because I liked the epilogue but I'm not sure if it even deserves that. Definitely the one I enjoyed the least in the whole series.

First, there is no romance at all. They meet, realize they are mates and go straight to bed. That's all,really.REALLY! I was bored like hell most of the time. Had to put it down more than once, even read another book in between. I only finished it because it was a short book but was close to not do it more than once.

Then we have the whole investigation about Armand's dead wives. Well this was even worse than the lack of romance. It was obvious who did it since the beginning, as there are only 4 or 5 possible murderers. The whole time they go to talk to them over and over again to discover clues but nothing comes of it.

It was bad. I'm sorry to say it, but it's the truth. I still love the series and I just want it to go back the way it used to be when it began. Book 12 was amazing, I though it was coming back to it's tracks, but this one was even worst than the 2 rogue hunters's books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born to Bite.

09/10/2010 "I really wanted to like this one, but man it's so slow! Let's hope it gets better."
09/11/2010
50.0% "I got bored with this one. Still half of the book to read but really, nothing is going on. The case they are investigating isn't interesting at all and there is a huge lack in the romance department. I miss the old characters from this series, I want them back!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lady Allison I've read up to right before the Rogue Hunter books in this series & was worried about continuing for fear of losing my favorite Argeneau characters...this is good to know! Maybe I'll stop where I am so I don't ruin the series in my mind.

valee Oh, but you have to read book 12, it's amazing! I loved it.

message 3: by Katie (last edited Sep 13, 2010 02:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie Oh my G-D! You liked the one that wasn't a complete story and ended on a cliff hanger--with no explanation, but didn't like this one? Are reading tastes are much different.

Reading this one straight through I didn't get that "it was obvious who did it." Mainly because despite the fact at the end of the book there were only a handful of people who could have done it while reading the book you didn't know about all the people who could have done it. The main mystery was that there wasn't any ONE person present at all of the locations at the time of the "accidents" except Armand. New characters who were alive during those times weren't introduced all at once. They were introduced one at a time though out the entire book.

Kris H. Vale--I agree with you about book 12. I loved it! Jury is still out on [book:Born to Bite|6503154. I'm on page 100 and not sure if I like it or not yet.

valee That's how I felt about it Kris, it was a nice read, just nothing new or exciting about it. Book 12 was one of the bests in the series! Loved it!

Kris H. Yeah--it was so-so. I just finished Hungry for You and liked it better than Born to Bite, but not as much as 12.

valee Exactly.