Dahlia (yadkny)'s Reviews > Veil of Midnight

Apr 19, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Vampire Lovers
Read from April 17 to 18, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I have to admit for some reason I wasn't expecting too much out of Nicko's book, but I was very happy with the end result. The overall plot didn't really move forward too much (we are more focused on the couple in this story). I really liked the female lead, Renata, probably one of my top picks out of all the Breedmates in the series so far. Her and Nicko's initial introduction to eachother was great (he was definitely blown away by her). I really liked how she is able to hold her own in combat and then go home and read stories to Mira without making it seem out of character for her. She took lead on all of the action in the story. Learning more about Nicko's background was great as well although still not as depressing as to learn about Megan's background and then what she had to endure at the hands of Sergei Yakut. This story was definitely made for the main couple involved instead of the overall plot. There really was no mention of the other warriors until almost the very end. It was sad to find out what happened to Helene and even more heartbreaking to find out what happened to Andreas and his kin because of it. Overall much better than I thought it was going to be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veil of Midnight.