Dahlia (yadkny)'s Reviews > Kiss of Midnight

Mar 24, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Vampire Lovers
Read from March 21 to 23, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** It was like Twilight only a twisted version of that. Lucan (Edward) sees himself as too much of a monster to be with Gabrielle (Bella), so he tries to stay away from her but ultimately can't. Her sweet scent of blood just became too much for him. Now where have we heard that before. He keeps struggling with his inner demons even until almost the very end where he finally gave in a couple of chapters to the finish. I found Gabrielle's character to be the most frustrating between the 2 because while he keeps on rejecting her and says some pretty hurtful things in order to get her to be mad at him and stay away (for her safety of course), she keeps on going back for more. In reality, I would never have stayed with someone that shows how much they like/love you by telling you hurtful things. That just doesn't make sense. Until of course towards the end where they are reunited. It would have been nice to see more of their relationship in the book after they have decided to be together instead of just the last chapter where they happen to figure it out. All that being said, the plot was interesting, gave a whole new spin to the existence of vampires, and I actually got nervous a couple of times when trouble escalated. I also became sad when a character died. Emotions were well played in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Midnight.