Abby's Reviews > What Angels Fear

What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris

May 17, 12

bookshelves: romance, favorites, mystery
Read from April 05 to 06, 2010

I am SO glad this is the first book in a series!

Brief Summary

In this book we meet Sebastian St. Cyr, youngest son and heir of the Duke of Hendon. Sebastian is the ultimate tortured hero with serious PTSD issues after fighting Napoleon in the war. When St. Cyr is wrongly accused of brutally murdering actress Rachel York, St. Cyr must escape into the underworld of Regency London to try and clear his name. Much to his dismay, St. Cyr is not alone and find he has support and help from a rough and ragged urchin named Tom, a one-legged war vet doctor, and his former flame Kat Boleyn. The mystery is dark, the web tangled and the romance HOT. All in all, a perfect read and a brilliant introduction to someone who might be a new favorite hero. (Though John Rebus is still the ultimate anti-hero in my heart.)

Why I Picked It Up
Book recommendation from the Smart Bitches. I very rarely get steered wrong by these women and The Bitchery in general.

Who Would Like It
Laura Paryl, who loves a good mystery but isn't sold on romance (yet). Any Regency Romance fan looking for an alternative read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Angels Fear.

Emily I LOVE this series! I thought for sure you were the one who recommended it to me. Absolutely fabulous.