Reading Teen (Andye)'s Reviews > Miss Match

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum

Apr 17, 10

Miss Match, Rematch, and Match Point follow the life of twenty-thee year old, Laurie Holbrook, a coffee addict and chocoholic. Laurie has found her calling, and it's matchmaking. Although she is content to stay single and live with her dad forever, she devises complex schemes, including using brownies and blind dates, to match up everyone else she knows. After setting up her sister, best friend, singles pastor, coffee shop owner, and a few others Laurie realizes that her family members might have learned a few tricks of the trade from her and she’s their target.

This is by far my favorite Christian author, and one of my favorite authors in general. I love her writing style, and how she writes about Christianity without trying to (for lack of a better word) “preach” to you. These books are hilarious, and easy to relate to. Although Laurie (the main character) is twenty-three, it wasn’t weird at all reading about someone so much older than I am, it just seemed normal. But if you haven’t see The Princess Bride, and Pride and Prejudice I would recommend watching them before reading these books because they are referenced a lot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Match.