Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Blood Born

Blood Born by Linda Howard

The cliffhanger ending irritated me, though technically, since it's the setup for a series, I guess I should have been expecting it? *shrugs* I guess I didn't realize it was a series in the making until the last chapter and nothing was wrapped up other than Luca and Chloe's relationship.

I really like Linda Winstead Jones' addition to the Raintree series (Linda Howard's was good, but left me wanting -- again with the cliffhanger lol), so I was really looking forward to their collaboration.

I liked the premise with the whole revolution/warrior/witchy/spell.. thing... Luca was cool -- a 2000 year old vampire that nobody could remember (except, of course, for our heroine).. I was a little disappointed he never told Chloe how old he was, though that was a very minor point...

It was sweet (though mayhap a wee bit insulting?) how protective of Luca Chloe became lol Itty bitty little human girl thinks she's gonna protect big bad uber-vamp. Mmhmm. Sure.. But, the thought behind it was sweet :)

Anyway, it dragged a bit at times, and all the jumping around with the various conduits became a bit tiring at times.. Overall though, I was pretty pleased with it, and am interested to see how the series plays out.

3 1/2 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Born.