Adrienne Proctor's Reviews > The Fool's Tale

The Fool's Tale by Nicole Galland

Apr 30, 10

Read from April 22 to 30, 2010

At the beginning, this book seems dense and intimidating. I was so tripped up about the pronunciation key on the first page that I almost didn't even read it.

But all that goes away fairly quickly. Truthfully, the hardest part to read was the Prologue. Getting through that was all it took for me to get sucked in.

I read this book in a week. No, read isn't the right word. I inhaled this book. It completely overtook me. I stayed up until 3 a.m. several nights in a row because I could NOT put it down. Even when I gave up and tried to lay down, I was too revved up to go to sleep.

Every. single. word!! of this book was fascinating, heart-breaking, beautiful, and just plain amazing. The characters were so real I could hear them speaking. At one point, I was so enraptured that I didn't even see or hear my husband walking right up to me and standing next to me. He scared me so bad I jumped a mile in the air! There was literally no outside world, I was completely engulfed. THAT, my friends is a GOOD BOOK.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fool's Tale.

Quotes Adrienne Liked

“Don't be beautiful, you irritating creature.”
Nicole Galland, The Fool's Tale

04/25/2010 page 120
04/25/2010 page 120
22.06% "I LOVE THIS BOOK."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annika I feel the same way!