Mrs. Missive's Reviews > Wolf at the Door

Wolf at the Door by Christine Warren

Mar 27, 2010

Although I couldn't help with the comparisons to Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhoue series, I really did enjoy this book.

Our female lead, is smart, sarcastic, and can turn into a fox. A real fox. Cassidy is one of the few foxwomen in the world, and is busy trying to live up to her grandmother's expectations in the political world of the supernaturals Warren terms "Others".

The male lead is an Irish wolf, who upon smelling Cassidy's honeysuckle scent is immediately attracted to her, and spends the remainder of the book chasing her down.

There is a lot, (perhaps too much?) build up between the two before they first get together in the horizontal sence. But once I was about half way through the book, I couldn't put it down. It was a great series setup and I could pinpoint lots of characters I would love to find out more about, and an entire group of Other Hating Religious Zealots that need to be taken down.

Now if the lead character would stop saying "Shite" and I can get past the Sookie similarities...it would have been great.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolf at the Door.

Quotes Mrs. Missive Liked

Christine Warren
“To hell with sweet nothings. Dirty little somethings are my choice any day of the week.”
Christine Warren, Wolf at the Door