Brittiany's Reviews > Live to Tell

Live to Tell by Lisa Gardner

Mar 22, 2010

bookshelves: first-reads, 2010
Read from April 05 to 10, 2010 — I own a copy

I got this book through goodreads' first-reads giveaway here on the site (I absolutely love this program!) and wasn't aware when I signed up that it was a book belonging to a series about a detective named D.D. Warren. After having started the Alex Cross series (James Patterson) in the middle and having to go back, I now like to start from the beginning on any series reads. However, this having been a first-reads book, I knew someone would be waiting for a review and there was just no time to wait.

Lisa Gardner really touched an interesting subject here, children with mental illness. It was definitely one of those books that made you stop and think. There were several times throughout the book when I thought I knew who did it, but then the detective would find dirt on someone else and have me guessing again.

This is strong subject matter, so where I "enjoyed" the book I have a hard time saying it... how do you say you enjoy something that discusses such unspeakable things that happen all the time- things we have a hard time hearing about and facing the reality of...

However, I did like Garner's writing and D.D.'s character, so halfway through the book I went and purchased the first two in the series and am looking forward to reading her other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Live to Tell.