Esteban del Mal's Reviews > Tokyo Year Zero

Mar 30, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: fiction, night-of-the-living-unread, novel

March 27; Page 1, naively optimistic

I dreamt that Captain Kangaroo was working as a bartender last night. He was the same as I remember him, except he didn't have that velour-looking sports coat on. He was wearing a black cowboy shirt with the sleeves artfully ripped off and his hair was all spiky. I woke up before I had a chance to order a drink from him. Maybe it's time I started that David Peace book that's come in down at the library.

March 28; Page 35, how'd I get this bruise?

Did I read a review of this book that compares Peace to Kawabata? I don't see it yet.

I turn the page, Whoosh! I turn the page, Whoosh! I turn the page, Whoosh!

March 29; Page 77, my wife is wearing white

And I love it when she wears white. Her skin is made more brown, her hair is made more black. She asks me what I'm reading. I tell her and she leaves me to it.

There are better things I could be doing with my time, there are better things I could be doing with my time, there are better things I could be doing with my time ---

March 30; Page 139, def con 1, code red, man the barricades

The brake pads on my work vehicle are worn. I should tell the mechanic, but I am in a bad humor because this book sucks epic crapass.

Don't read this book, don't read this book, don't read this book ---
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tokyo Year Zero.

03/28/2010 page 24
6.76% "Why have I decided to try to juggle reading four books at the same time?"
03/28/2010 page 77
21.69% "Is the autopsy on the corpse or Japan?"

Adhemar Testa This is a very good book to understand 1) American administration post war 2) Relationship between different cultures....Japanese American Korean etc 3) The borning of today's Japanese mafias beginning from the food buy & selling in times of scarcely. ...