Angela B's Reviews > unSweetined

unSweetined by Jodie Sweetin

F 50x66
Mar 22, 10

Read in March, 2010

A very quick read, started and finished in about three hours. Always heard bits and pieces in the media about "Stephanie Tanner" turning into a junkie, and wanted to hear the story from her point of view. It wasn't bad, but nothing groundbreaking here. She keeps the "tales of drug horror" fairly clean...I was expecting (wanting?) to hear something a bit more graphic than puking/blacking out stories. It seemed fairly tame compared to some of the stories/experiences I've witnessed in my real life working with people with addictions. Also, I found it kind of annoying how she kept bashing her second husband in the last few chapters - I can appreciate how he might have been a terrible husband, etc - but I wasn't reading this book to hear what a loser Cody was.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fast, and interesting read, but I really don't think they book gave a true look at the gritty, dark world of drug and alcohol addiction. Maybe that was just really her experience, but I feel like she was holding back, to still portray herself in a positive light. I can't see this book really helping anyone who is troubled by these addictions to really get off of anything. Fun read though.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read unSweetined.

03/22/2010 page 256