Sarah's Reviews > A Horse Called Wonder

A Horse Called Wonder by Joanna Campbell

Aug 11, 10

bookshelves: thoroughbred-series

I remember when my mom first gave me this book, I was a devoted Pony Pals reader and this book was way too long! I read the first chapter and thought it wasn't ever going to end... It sat on my nightstand for quite some time before I picked it up again and read it straight through. Boy, was I glad I did. Every time we went to the mall after that, I would grab another Thoroughbred book or two from Waldenbooks. For a couple years I collected them up to number 23 when it became harder to find them and I just HAD to read them all in their correct order. So, I stopped getting them and just read the first 23 books two or three times a piece. Then, I found the amazing world of Amazon.com and started looking for the used ones. Then ebay.com caught my eye and I won a box of 42 Thoroughbred books, which filled a big chunk of my collection. Then, I had to start filling the gaps and read them as I got them. Then, I got out of the books for a while, feeling I was too old for them (they are 8-12 age group after all). But then I got back into them again and was determined to finish the whole series no matter how old I got, they are great books. Finally, at the age of 19, I have all 94 books. I am still working my way through them, although I have to admit the first generation is a lot better than the second.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Horse Called Wonder.