Adam T Calvert's Reviews > Foundations of Christian Education

Foundations of Christian Education by Louis Berkhof

Jul 07, 09

bookshelves: education
Read in October, 2007

This book really is foundational (go figure) for Christian education. I wish every Christian educator would read this book. Overall, this book is a very solid resource and can help every Christian teacher (and parent) better understand the importance of Christian Education.

Philosophically, I would have to say the most helpful chapter was the article by Van Til on the antithesis between secular education and Christian education. And then practically the most helpful chapter was Berkhof's article on authority, in which he gave a very good estimate of the value and application of Biblical discipline.

Truly this book really puts education into its proper Christian perspective. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone and everyone involved in Christian education - parents, teachers, pastors, Sunday School helpers - anyone and everyone.

Get this book and start to apply the concept that no fact is learned rightly unless it is learned in its right relationship to God (p. 16).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foundations of Christian Education.