Beth's Reviews > Winging It: A Memoir of Caring for a Vengeful Parrot Who's Determined to Kill Me

Winging It by Jenny Gardiner

2920332
Mar 22, 10

Read in March, 2010

In her hilarious and thought provoking memoir, Jenny Gardiner flings open her door, invites us into her home, and introduces us to Graycie -- the family’s feisty and quirky African gray parrot. With lots of wit and moments of pure exasperation, Jenny tells the unadorned truth about what giving a home to a bird such as Graycie really entails, and it’s not what I ever imagined.

Besides being thoroughly entertaining and downright funny, Jenny’s memoir speaks of things that translate into lessons we all need to remember in our daily lives: tolerance, patience, and compassion, just to name a few. As an animal lover myself, I really appreciated how Jenny and her family are committed to keeping Graycie for the entirety of her life, no matter how snarkey and unpredictable she can be.

A great read that I highly recommend!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winging It.

Barb I just love it when I get a new book and one of my favorite authors is reading it too! Great minds think alike I guess!