Ronald's Reviews > American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21stCentury

American Theocracy by Kevin Phillips

M 50x66
Jan 26, 2012

Kevin Phillips unleashes a riveting indictment of the American capitalist oligarchy... and he knows where the bones are buried, as he himself is a fallen-away protagonist of the failed hypothesis of trickle-down wealth distribution.
He traces the historical trajectory of Every Empire, which is typically brought low by greedy global overreach, co-option by militant religionists, and profiteering resource exploitation. Hmmm, sounds like he's talking about US!

His tell-all tome should have been the talk of the town, and should have shaken the American electorate into wakeful apprehension... except, I doubt that most voting Americans are devoted readers; and for many of those who are, their reading tastes run to more palliative fare than the well documented expose that this book is.

I recall hearing Kevin Phillips on National Public Radio some time ago; and I immediately downloaded his audio book, although he was preaching to the converted--me and most NPR listeners.

I highly recommend this Audible edition, narrated by Scott Brick.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Theocracy.