Louise's Reviews > Spirit Bound

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

May 20, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, young-adult
Read from May 19 to 20, 2010 — I own a copy

What a strong comeback after a weaker 4th book in the series! It's great to see Rose and Lissa grow as characters. I'm glad the snarky, impertinent Rose is back, but I'm also happy to see her evaluate her feelings about the two men in her life.

I was surprised that the Dimitri-stirgoi thing got semi-resolved so early in the book because I expected it to happen towards the last chapters, but when it finally did happen, I can't say I wasn't disappointed with his behavior after. While the whole, "I love you, but I'm not good enough for you, so we'll never be together" thing is cliched and frustrating, it does seem to fall within his character.

Adrian has also become more of a likable and deeper character in Spirit Bound. His feelings for Rose seem more sincere than they were when he was first introduced and while their relationship is complicated, to put it lightly, there are sweet moments. It makes for a frustrating love triangle because I'm torn between being on Team Dimitri and Team Adrian. Either way, there's going to be some hearbreak in the next book.

Despite all my praise for this book, I have to say that the cover is terrible. I immediately took the cover off my hardcover book even though I was just reading it around the house. I'm not easily embarrassed by book covers, but this one...ugh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Bound.

05/19/2010 page 100
20.45% "Part of me wants a HEA and Dimitri to be saved, but another part of me thinks that's a cop out."
05/20/2010 page 485
99.18% "Ahhhh now I have to wait another year to read what happens???"

Jessica Donaghy Yes, I actually found myself on Team Adrian by the end of this book!

Ditto on the cover. I got the ebook so I didn't have to look at it. :)