Brooke's Reviews > The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Jul 18, 10

bookshelves: i-own-a-copy, no-no-no, realistic-fiction
Read from May 10 to 11, 2010

Well, where to start. I have a lot of thoughts on this book, but not many I can be bothered to list.

The book started off gripping. Sad, terrifying. I was overwhelmed with grief for Susie, what a horrible act to suffer through. I really felt for Susie's father, her little brother and sister. Her mother, not so much.

Some parts were well written and really drew me in, others I just skimmed through. I knew how I wanted, or hoped, the ending would play out, and I was quite underwhelmed. Honestly, I didn't feel any type of closure. An okay read, I just hoped I'd get more out of it I guess. Going back, I probably wouldn't have bothered to read it, but I might give the movie a chance. Hopefully a lot of the flat chapters will be left out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lovely Bones.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Arlene I read this so long ago, but I remember certain parts like they were yesterday. I couldn't bring myself to watch the movie. Good review!

Brooke I watched the movie. Just as bad! Didn't bother to finish it. Haha.

Charlie L Aw, I really liked the book! The movie wasn't as good, but the book was creative and interesting enough to keep my occupied haha.