Susan's Reviews > Touch the Dark

Touch the Dark by Karen Chance

Apr 11, 2010

Read from April 07 to 11, 2010

Meet Cassie Palmer, a clairvoyant who sees and speaks to ghosts. Since she was four, she was raised by a mafia vampire named Tony. She is currently on the run from Tony. Unfortunately, his henchmen found her and she gets captured by the government. Yup, a supernatural government.

Cassandra is a strong likable character, she has a wonderful sense of humor and without the nonsense of being whiny and annoying. I love seeing how all her hidden talents and abilities come forth through all the crazy non-stop action...and this story is definitely fast-paced.

In this book, we get all the paranormal characters — vampires, weres, feys, mages and ghosts. We also don't get the glossy beauty of vampires, rather the dark and grotesque political world of the undead. We even get a little Greek mythology of Pythia, she was an ancient oracle priestess at the Temple of Apollo. Karen Chance created a crazy story with so many possibilities and potential, a wonderful stepping stone to something bigger.

I am amazed at the mixed reviews. I think I understand why, it's a pretty hard story to understand and immerse yourself in Cassandra's impossible, convoluted world. But for me, it was a trip that's worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch the Dark.