April's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

May 14, 11

bookshelves: vampire, paranormal, ya, own
Read from December 08 to 14, 2010

Originally posted here: http://www.goodbooksandgoodwine.com/2...

Read at your own peril, Vampire Academy spoilers lie ahead.

The Last Sacrifice
Oh, Richelle Mead, you slay me. The Vampire Academy series is one of the few I’ve read from start to finish since beginning blogging. The Last Sacrifice is the final installment and it makes me sad to see these characters go. I mean, I guess they will make appearances in Bloodlines, but still, it’s not the same. Although I haven’t read Bloodlines yet, so I could be wrong.

In The Last Sacrifice, Queen Tatiana has been murdered. Of course, the blame rests on Rose Hathaway because of her smart mouth. However, obviously Rose is not the real killer and the plot of The Last Sacrifice hangs on discovering what really went down. Time is running out for her, and oh man the anxiety is palpable, pulsating throughout the book. She must turn to Dmitri and Adrian for help in finding out the truth behind Tatiana’s assassination while Lissa runs for Queen. Oh my goodness. This book is CRAZY.

There are so many action-y bits. And lest you be put off by that there are also kissy scenes too. And FINALLY the Rose-Dmitri-Adrian love triangle is resolved, although you’d have to be a moron not to figure out who Rose ends up with (I mean REALLY).

Unexpected twists and turns as well as a few new revelations about certain side characters completely drive this book, making it as though you are under compulsion of the Moroi while reading it. I will say that The Last Sacrifice isn’t quite as awesome as Shadowbound, but it is a worthy conclusion to the Vampire Academy series. All of the plot threads were tied up. We finally find out if Christian and Lissa hook back up. We get a bit more of Abe’s story. We get a little bit more on Lissa’s abilities. We get more sexytimes, and holy hell are they not bad. It was totally right, what happened. And while some may not be please with Rose’s behavior, I firmly believe you have to go with your heart, and sometimes your heart is going to pick the person you aren’t with.

I’ve come to expect that if you are reading this, you have read the series, so did you think this was a worthy ending? I know I would have liked just a tiny bit more resolution, but aside from that, I loved it. I loved who Rose chose. I loved seeing her in action. And well, I’ll miss her smart mouth, but am looking forward to becoming acquainted with Sydney and the alchemists in the companion series Bloodlines.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

12/08/2010 page 300