Hailee's Reviews > Shadow Souls

Shadow Souls by L.J. Smith

Jul 27, 10

Read from July 22 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Oh my God. I completely loved this book! It was all about Damon and Elena, and that's what I loved about it. It shows a softer, more vulnerable side to Damon he only shows around her, and she begins to realize that maybe Stefan isn't her only world. The Dark Dimension story plot with the kitsune keys was fascinating.

What I do have to complain about is everything that's happening in Fell's Church. The book is mainly about Damon and Elena getting Stefan back from Shi no Shi, right? So why add the random story plot about what's happening back in their small town? And the thing with Caroline turning into a werewolf and having puppies or whatever was really unneeded. Not too many people care about that character enough to see her in the book.

And I also hate the ending of the book. I felt it was a little rushed. It's like I barely knew what was going on. I didn't feel it was necessary to have that in the book, she could have waited until the last book to put that story plot in and explained it a little better, because it seemed to move way too fast and with little notice.

But otherwise, completely great novel. My favorite so far!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Souls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine I thought the book was great, it was actually one of my favorites. What I don't understand is hoe people can say it was confusing... I understood every part of it and never re-read it for understanding... yeah the parts where it went back into the town was a little boring because I was only interested in the Damon and Elena Relationship. I did like it how Damon and Elena just got closer and closer I almost completely forgot about Stefan. The ending was a little rushed... but I loved the book overall. People need to stop being mean, L.J. Smith is a wonderful writer, its horrible what they say about her, I don't see those judgmental people publishing amazing books.

Crystal I totally agree with you Hailee. There were parts in there that I felt were unneeded and others that were rushed. (look at my review)

Talya how do you join the group?

Crystal which group, do you mean this one --> http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4... and join to talk more about vampires.

Erin I agreeeee! Love the Damon-Elena stuff! :) annnd I will admit I kind of skipped over the Fells Church stuff sometimes so that I could get back to it... :)

Ljsmith4ever this was my fav book of all times love delena sooo much <3