Karen's Reviews > The Templar Revelation: Secret Guardians of the True Identity of Christ

The Templar Revelation by Lynn Picknett

Mar 21, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: catholic-church, ebook, history, non-fiction

** spoiler alert ** Knights Templar, Cathars, Mary Magdalane, John The Baptist, Church cover ups, Secret Societies and Ancient Egypt - this book contained lots of subjects that I usually find interesting but I found this book to be very dry and uninspiring. It could be that I've read to many books on the subject matter but for me this book didn't contain anything I hadn't read elsewhere.

If you are going to out the word revelation in your title it might be an idea to have a big revelation in your book. Mary Magdalane and Jesus were lovers has been claimed already in numerous books, the Catholic Church picked the gospels that supported their version of Jesus's life of course they did every organisation or even person picks the version of events that best suits their purpose. Or how about this for a big revelation - Jesus was not the Son of God but actually a human being who along with all his human flaws and weaknesses also had some good ideas about how we should treat our fellow human beings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Templar Revelation.