Bianca's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

*Spoilers*

INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!!!!!
Last Sacrifice is the last book in the Vampire Academy series and it doesn’t disappoint! I was hooked from the very first pages and stayed up throughout the early hours of the morning to read this book all in one go. All I can say is Richelle Mead you have outdone yourself once again! I can’t express just how much I have anticipated and longed for this book, the wait was intense and pure torture. I can gladly say it was worth every second though.

Throughout the book I was pulled into Rose’s world and couldn’t help but wonder how things would end. I only had one demand from Mead. That Rose and Dimitri would end up together. FINALLY. They get the happy ending that they deserve, their relationship has been tested and pushed beyond the limits and yet it has only made them stronger and love one another more. Dimitri FINALLY realises that he has loved Rose all along. He had just blocked those feelings for her out due to being so consumed by guilt. I was excited when he helped break her out of jail and was even more excited when they were running away together. Along with Sydney (Who I have come to really like as a character) I could feel the intensity burning between them the whole time they were together. Especially when they were alone, even so they both managed to keep themselves in check. *Mostly* A favourite moment was when Rose wants to escape from being on the run with Dimitri. At the time she can think of nothing worse than being forced to be so close around him knowing that she loves him and that he doesn’t love her back. Her escape tactics were priceless. I found myself laughing and thinking ‘That’s so Rose’ when she distracts him with a kiss and then catches him off guard with a punch to the face. I loved their usual funny witty banter. Rose never fails to impress me with her comebacks. I also laughed again when he tells her that he will always find her and that she decides how hard it’s all going to be. Then she comes back with the ‘how does your face feel’ line? I wanted to hit Rose though when he tells Dimitri that she loves Adrian, I honestly thought: Wow way to screw up your chances of getting back together up. Although I understand that she does love him, just not in the same way she loves Dimitri.

Tasha is the murderer! I have to say I never saw that one coming. Who would have thought she would be the one to kill the Queen? For a while there Mead had us all believing that is was Adrian’s mum Daniella and all I could think was ‘no, I hope that’s not true.’ Adrian I don’t think would have been able to handle a blow like that. I did have sympathy for Adrian though, especially at the end. “I loved you and you used me the whole time” was a line from him that really made me feel for him. I wanted to give the guy a hug when he said about how she has everything. She escaped death, the bond, Lissa got to be Queen, she got the guy and she gets a happily ever after. The poor guy, no one likes to come off second best. He was a good guy. He would have done anything for Rose. As he quotes in the beginning: “And there isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you, the stupider the better.” Rose really hurt him, and he didn’t deserve it.

I had previous suspicions that Jill would be the illegitimate child they were searching for. When I re read the VA books after reading Spirit Bound the reference to her green eyes really stood out and I began to wonder. It all makes perfect sense that she would be it.

One thing I was even more shocked with was the bond disappearing. When Rose throws herself in front of that gun (that Tasha is holding) and gets shot, I really thought Lissa would have to heal her. I was surprised and a little sad when Rose awoke and found out that her and Lissa didn’t have their bond anymore. I thought it made them closer and I loved the scenes we got to see through Lissa’s eyes although in a way I’m glad it’s gone. We all watched as the darkness from Lissa pushed Rose towards breaking point. It could only build up for so long and soon enough she snapped. The consequences being Victor dying, although I can’t say I’m disappointed. He wasn’t a very likeable character, he probably didn’t deserve to die the way he did but after what he did to Lissa I guess the saying goes ‘what goes around, comes around.’ I loved the moment before Rose goes unconscious from the shot. “A gun I had been brought down by a gun. It was practically comical. Cheaters, I thought. I’d spent my life focusing on hand to hand combat, learning to dodge fangs and powerful hands that could snap my neck. A gun? It was so… well, easy. Should I be insulted? I didn’t know. Did it matter? I didn’t know that either. All I knew in that moment was that I was going to die, regardless.” Who else would be thinking that when they are in their last few moments? Only Rose would, I’m glad Lissa and Dimitri were there though and that her last thoughts were to them. I’m glad she didn’t die though.

I’m sad that we don’t have another book to look forward to. The ending is perfect though but I can’t help but wish we got to see more about Rose and Dimitri as they get older. Although the ending with her dad and mum made me smile, I would loved to have seen the chat Abe and Janine have with Dimitri, they are both scary in their own ways. “Run,” I said when they were gone. “If you slip out now, maybe they won’t notice. Go back to Siberia.” Another one of my favourite lines. I like how ABe played a bigger role in this book and how Rose does consider him to be her dad, It is really nice for her to know him. I think we can all see where Rose gets her personality from.

"He smiled at me . . . fondly. ʺAh, my daughter,ʺ
will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.ʺ" (Loved it)
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes Bianca Liked

Richelle Mead
“I'm backing down now. I really do love you. That's why I'm doing this.”

Richelle Mead
“What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?”

Richelle Mead
“From behind Lissa, I heard Christian say, "Worst. Timing. Ever." Adrian studied Lissa and then looked at Christain sprawling on the bed on the far side of the suite.
"Huh," Adrian said, letting himself in. "So that's how you're going to fix the family problem. Little Dragomirs. Good idea." Christian sat up and strolled toward them.
"Yeah, that's exactly it. You're interrupting official Council business.”

Richelle Mead
“You were wrong. She really is the new general in town."
I smiled back, hoping he wasn't aware of my body's reaction to us standing so close. "Maybe. But, it's okay. You can still be colonel."
He arched an eyebrow. "Oh? Did you demote yourself? Colonel's right below general. What's that make you?"
I reached into my pocket and triumphantly flashed the CR-V keys I'd swiped when we'd come back inside. "The driver," I said.”

Richelle Mead
“I wasn't fooled. He was avoiding looking at me. "There's nothing to talk about."
"I knew you'd say that. Actually, it was a toss-up between that and 'I don't know what you're talking about.'"
Dimitri sighed.”

Richelle Mead
“A gun. I had been brought down by a gun. It was practically comical. Cheaters, I thought.”

Richelle Mead
“Rose, I'm an addict with no work ethic who is likely going to go insane. I'm not like you. I'm not a super-hero."
"Not yet," I said.”

Richelle Mead
“For a moment, I was captivated as I studied them side by side. My mother: the perfect picture of guardian excellence and decorum. My father: always capable of achieving his goals, no matter how twisted the means. Uneasily, I began to understand how I’d inherited my bizarre personality.”

Richelle Mead
“Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.”

Richelle Mead
“Abe held my gaze a bit longer and then broke into an easy smile. ʺOf course, of course. This is a family gathering. A celebration. And look: hereʹs our newest member.ʺ

Dimitri had joined us and wore black and white like my mother and me. He stood beside me, conspicuously not touching. ʺMr. Mazur,ʺ he said formally, nodding a greeting to both of them. ʺGuardian Hathaway.ʺ

Dimitri was seven years older than me, but right then, facing my parents, he looked like he was sixteen and about to pick me up for a date.

ʺAh, Belikov,ʺ said Abe, shaking Dimitriʹs hand. ʺIʹd been hoping weʹd run into each other. Iʹd really like to get to know you better. Maybe we can set aside some time to talk, learn more about life, love, et cetera. Do you like to hunt? You seem like a hunting man. Thatʹs what we should do sometime. I know a great spot in the woods. Far, far away. We could make a day of it. Iʹve certainly got a lot of questions Iʹd like to ask you. A lot of things Iʹd like to tell you too.ʺ

I shot a panicked look at my mother, silently begging her to stop this. Abe had spent a good deal of time talking to Adrian when we dated, explaining in vivid and gruesome detail exactly how Abe expected his daughter to be treated. I did not want Abe taking Dimitri off alone into the wilderness, especially if firearms were involved.

ʺActually,ʺ said my mom casually. ʺIʹd like to come along. I also have a number of questions—especially about when you two were back at St. Vladimirʹs.ʺ

ʺDonʹt you guys have somewhere to be?ʺ I asked hastily. ʺWeʹre about to start.ʺ

That, at least, was true. Nearly everyone was in formation, and the crowd was quieting. ʺOf course,ʺ said Abe. To my astonishment, he brushed a kiss over my forehead before stepping away. ʺIʹm glad youʹre back.ʺ Then, with a wink, he said to Dimitri:

ʺLooking forward to our chat.ʺ

ʺRun,ʺ I said when they were gone. ʺIf you slip out now, maybe they wonʹt notice. Go back to Siberia."

"Actually," said Dimitri, "I'm pretty sure Abe would notice. Don't worry, Roza. I'm not afraid. I'll take whatever heat they give me over being with you. It's worth it.”

Richelle Mead
“You've always been my equal, Roza.”

Richelle Mead
“What’s going on?” he demanded.
“The usual, old man,” I replied cheerily. “Danger, insane plans... you know, the stuff that runs in our family.”

Richelle Mead
“Impossible situations are our specialty.”

Richelle Mead
“Theyʹre shooting at us,ʺ I said incredulously. ʺTheyʹre actually shooting at us!”

Richelle Mead
“I always love seeing what worries you. Strigoi? No. Questionable food? Yes.”

Richelle Mead
“Auras tell a lot, Rose, and I'm very good at reading them. Much better than you friends probably are. A spirit dream wraps you own aura in gold, which is how I knew. Your personal aura is unique to you, though it fluctuates with your feelings and soul. When people are in love, it shows. Their auras shine. When you were dreaming, yours was bright. The colors were bright...but not what expected from a boyfriend. Of course, not every relationship is the same. People are at different stages. I would've brushed it off, except..."
"Except what?"
"Except, when you're with Dimitri, your aura's like the sun. So is his.”

Richelle Mead
“There was a look of woe on his face that was almost comical. Raids, bullets, criminals...no problem. A missing duster? Crisis.”

Richelle Mead
“Don't blame us," said my mother. "We didn't blow up half of Court, steal a dozen cars, call out a murderer in the middle of a crowd, or get our teenage friend crowned queen."

"Actually," said Abe, "I did blow up half of Court.”
Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice

12/07/2010 "OHHHHHHH FINALLLYY!!! (jumps up and down with happiness) I can not wait to begin reading this! About to start it :):)" 2 comments

Amanda Martinez Kirby I really liked the end of this series, but I did feel so bad for Adrian. I am now really looking forward to the new series. What did he mean at the end when he said "The contract's null and void, by the way"? I am going to have to re-read the other books I couldn't remember what that was about?

Bianca Oh thank you for bringing that up. I have no idea about that either. Maybe I just didnt pay enough attention I dont know. i didnt get it either. Same I love this series but I thought Adrian really got the wrong end of the stick poor guy.

Melissa  Paranormally Romanced the contract he is referring to is the dating contract that he made so rose could date him (found in spirit bound). he said he would try to stop smoking cigarettes and drinking.

Bianca Oh that... Yeah I get it now. I re read and was like duh of course. Thanks :)