Evil Twin One (Ange)'s Reviews > Thorn Queen

Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead

Apr 06, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal, richelle-mead, romance, magic, faeries, weres-shapeshifters, aliens-or-otherworld, book-in-a-series, favorites, own, 2011, adult
Read from April 05 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Really good book. Richelle Mead did a phenomenal job. Absolutely loved the book. It had a little bit of everything, love, hate, inner struggles and the very obvious outside battles with enemies. The love triangle between Kiyo, Dorian and Eugenie was intense at some parts but towards the end really dissipated. Poor Kiyo. I know it really hurt Eugenie (or it will once she's not so angry) to end it with him but I think she's better off with Dorian. In her eyes Kiyo really let her down and Dorian stepped up and did what Kiyo couldn't which was Leith for what he did to Eugenie. He deserved to die a very slow and painful death. But no, Kiyo wanted him punished by other means like imprisonment. Bah, he didn't deserve to breathe and not just for Eugenie, but for helping to traffic the girls too. In ways what he did to those poor girls was worse than trying to impregnate Eugenie.

Oh, I still can't believe how twisted her sister is, but at least she is willing to help Eugenie in the end. Even if she does have her own ulterior motives.

I love love LOVE Dorian. Yeah part of him might want to take over the world but he has also said more than once that he really does care about Eugenie and just wants her safe. And I don't think it's because of her power either. At least not only because of it. He's probably drawn to it being she is the most powerful monarch since her father but he's also drawn to her because of who she is. I don't see him forcing her or trying to coax her into anything. I love how she finally accepted herself as the Thorn Queen. She acknowledged who she was and that made all the difference when it came to her magic. I definitely think she will be a deadly force to reckon with once she gets a handle on her power. She's learning quickly, much like her father but she's not letting it corrupt her as it did him. She still wants the two worlds to remain separate and won't let her child fulfill the prophecy either.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thorn Queen.

Quotes Evil Twin One (Ange) Liked

Richelle Mead
“Dorian used to watch you like a starving man who wants meat. Now he looks at you like he wants seconds.”

Richelle Mead
“The only way to lose a kingdom is if your power drops or..well, if you're killed."
"I'm sure Volusian would love to help with that."
My minion walked near me, needing no horse to move swiftly. Upon hearing his name, he said, "I would perform the deed with great relish and much suffering on your part, mistress."
"You can't put a price on that kind of loyalty," I told Kiyo.”

Richelle Mead
“I want you to go back to Tucson and bring me the bottle of tequila I keep in my liquor cabinet. And don't scare Tim."

Volusian remained motionless in that way of his. "My mistress grows increasingly creative in her ways to torment me."

"I thought you'd appreciate it."

"Only in so much as it inspires me to equally creative means to rip you apart when I am able to break free of these bonds and finally destroy you."

"You see? There's a silver lining to everything. Now hurry up.”

Richelle Mead
“Ah, Eugenie. I know. We will be victorious, you and me. We're the strongest monarchs in this world. You and I will lead this army, and we will conquer the Rowan land. We'll split it between us, adding on to our kingdoms...and from there, we can go anywhere. We could rule half this world together—all of this world—you and me. Kingdom after kingdom would fall to us...”

Richelle Mead
“It’s easy to want peace and love in hypothetical situations—then reality sets in, and sometimes we have to do what’s ugly.”

Richelle Mead
“I had a few other things on my mind. Like if it was going to rain every time I got aroused. That was not cool. I guessed I could handle it so long as it rained other times as well. I didn’t want the connection to be so obvious. Hey, it’s raining! The queen must have gotten laid. Ooh…is that hail? Must have been into some kinky shit today.”

Richelle Mead
“I loved Aeson. You have no idea what love is.”
“Oh, I do. I know that it’s the best high and the worst hurt all at the same time—not to mention confusing as hell.”