Amber's Reviews > The Stillburrow Crush

The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage

Apr 18, 10

I think The Stillburrow Crush will be one of those reads most people overlook. I know I did the first time I saw it on a tour site, but I decided to give it a try. I'm a sucker for a small town story. I can't help it. I'm from one. Some people might find things in books about small midwestern towns cliché, but all those clichés are pretty accurate. Stillburrow had the hometome vibe going on throughout the whole story, and I really enjoyed it.

Carrie has got to be the most strong willed, stubborn headed, sarcastic, foot in mouth character I have ever ran across. Linda Kage writes her with so much spunk though she never becomes annoying. She's brutally honest and doesn't care who you are, she'll tell you like it is. Just about everything this girl said made me smirk. The relationship between her and hunky quarterback Luke (don't you dare call him Lucas) was cute and a sweet one. I liked how they were in a way common characters, but they had so much heart they developed very nicely throughout the story.

While pretty predictable, The Stillburrow Crush is actually had some surprises. At one point in the story, my jaw actually dropped. I love when an author can write a shocker, and make it not so out of place. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised how much I did enjoy this book. If you're not a romance fan, I don't recommend you picking this one up. But if you're like me who loves a good guilty romance pleasure read, give this one a shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stillburrow Crush.

03/26/2010 page 27
13.37% "I love books that take place in small country towns."