Kathy's Reviews > You've Been Warned

You've Been Warned by James Patterson

Nov 24, 07

Read in September, 2007

From a blog post I wrote in 2007:

If you're expecting You've Been Warned by James Patterson and Howard Roughan to be a 'typical' Patterson book, you're going to be disappointed.

Sure, there are short chapters and a first person narrative. But, other than that it's not at all what you'd expect.

The story revolves around a young woman in New York City who's got secrets in her past and present, obsessions for her camera and her married boyfriend, serious nightmares and who sees dead people. It's supernatural poppycock for the most part and the "surprise" ending wasn't that much of a surprise.

Fortunately, it was a quick read but I have to say I could very happily have spent my time on something more productive and enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You've Been Warned.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marilyn I was also disappointed in James writing such a simplistic, predictable plot, compared to his other novels. Then again, he had Howard as coauthor.

Dottie I was disappointed in this book, I would not read this book again. Very twisted thriller.

message 3: by Ely (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ely I couldn't agree more.

Marilu I wish I had read your review before I picked up the book!

Susie I really like both authors but I was sorely disappointed with this book. Number one, don't send a guy to do a woman's job. In other words, don't try to write and think like a woman when you aren't.
In my opinion, they should have based the book on a guy who goes through all of this. I think it would have been a way better read.
Another thing that kind of peeved me a bit was that it was sooooo repetitive. I have almost put the book down and away several times, but I don't like to leave a book unread!

Peggy Agreed! Quick read but a definite let-down for a Patterson book. This seemed to be a Dean Koontz wanna-be and wasn't very successful.