Kat Kennedy's Reviews > Burning Alive

Burning Alive by Shannon K. Butcher

Dec 07, 13

bookshelves: books-that-deserve-painful-death, just-plain-bad, kat-s-book-reviews, too-painful-to-finish
Read from November 11 to 13, 2010

Nope. I can't do it. Sorry.

I maybe got thirty pages in before I decided that Drake was a big sack of shit and that Helen is possibly the most annoying female protagonist that I have ever, ever read.

"Oh, I have a vision of being burnt alive... this couldn't possibly be metaphorical! I think I'm going to run awaaaaaaaaay! La de da la!"

dumb

Or then you have the stereotype caveman complex that is Drake.

"You have plaits. Me Pull. You come now. Drake beat chest. Manly Drake. Ahhhahhhhhhahhhhhh!"

caveman

What, so you see a hot chick walk into a diner and you think it's perfectly acceptable to:

a) go up and creep her out to the point where her ninty-year-old grandma and waitress friend are physically attacking you.
b) Assault the ninty-year-old grandma and waitress friend or let your friends do it.
c)Kidnap ninty-year-old grandma AND object of your affection
and
d) Mind rape object of your affection.

I don't think I need to rant on about this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Alive.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kat Kennedy Yeah, I have to say this book isn't a big favourite with me right now and I'm only about five or six pages in.

Kat Kennedy Yes, actually I already like him a helluva lot more than Drake whose tiny caveman brain I would really like to beat up.

Kat Kennedy Yes! I read that and laughed and thought of you! I'm so glad you've already told me that there is no actual braid pulling in the sex or I would be very let down.

LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back I could not finish this book. I agree with Sam; the heroine will make you homicidal. I don't know about the hero, though. I didn't get far enough to form an opinion about him before I returned this suckr to the library.

message 5: by LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back (last edited Nov 13, 2010 08:07PM) (new) - added it

LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back I cannot believe Shannon lives in the same house as Jim Butcher. You would think his awesomeness would rub off on her.

Kat Kennedy You would, but alas, no.

LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back BTW, awesome review, Kat! Sorry, I was a little out of it. Knowing that you thought this book suckeths the ass makes me feel better about not being able to finish it.

message 8: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Kilgore Hah. So going to follow your reviews. I've added it to my reading list out of curiosity, but not going to pay 8$ for it anytime soon.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Another bad book avoided...thanks!!! Did your friends book ever get published?

Tasheez_Loves_Reading_In_The_Dark I wish I read your review before I started this book...I didn't finish it and I wont post a review since yours says it all! :)

Cindy Ann Hahahahaa oh my God! I had such a bad day and your review made my day! I enjoyed the book and used it to read it before my class starts book. But i am with you in the protagonist bit. God she was annoying as hell!