Lacey Louwagie's Reviews > Wake

Wake by Lisa McMann

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, youngadult, youngadultfantasy
Read from March 19 to 23, 2010

To be fair, this is probably a three-star book, but I just wasn't excited enough about it to give it that many stars. Maybe if I hadn't looked forward to reading it so much, I would have been more generous. But after reading it, I've come to the conclusion that this book has attained its popularity based on premise and cool cover art alone.

I still do love the premise, which is that the main character, Janey, can't keep from being "sucked into" other people's dreams. But it just wasn't executed all that well (although it did make me want to have that ability, despite the fact that Janey really felt it was a curse.) But you know how it's sort of boring to hear someone else ramble on about their dreams? Well, reading this book was sort of like that, with none of the dreams really being interesting enough to justify the premise.

I pretty much agree with my sister's review, which is here: http://community.livejournal.com/ilik.... But she was more generous than me in that I'm not really interested in reading the other books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 5: by Theodora (new) - added it

Theodora oh! I want to read this!

Lacey Louwagie I *really* wanted to read this one for a long time. So far, though, it's been kinda disappointing. :(

message 3: by Theodora (new) - added it

Theodora My sister said the same thing.

Lacey Louwagie So did mine. :p

message 1: by Theodora (new) - added it

Theodora maybe I should listen to her more! :)