Joyzi's Reviews > Once and Always

Once and Always by Judith McNaught

Oct 25, 10

bookshelves: 5-stars-or-more, borrowed, adult, historical-romance, reviewed, read-more-than-once, guilty-pleasures, chick-lit, author-american
Recommended to Joyzi by: Mellow 94.7
Recommended for: 18 years old and above
Read from July 27 to 30, 2010

My first taste on the Historical Romance genre and I really am surprised how much I enjoyed reading this and due to that I'm planning to read more books by this author.

I remember a radio dj recommending Judith Mcnaught novels to men listeners because obviously this books are widely read by women but there's an advantage to men reading this books because they would know what women thinks about romance and all that stuff.

The reason I gave it 5 stars is because I find the dialogues in the book well-written, funny, witty and entertaining. It was really very cute how Victoria and Jason would argue and that what was I really like about this book. It's one of those few books who have really good dialogues.

All in all this book is very much the YA of today and it's very similar to J. R. Ward's BDB series. Jason was a disfigured hero and pretty much Ward's formula is also the formula of this novel just minus the vampire part. I was actually surpised because there was this scene in the book wherein Victoria kisses Jason's scars and it kinda remind me of when Rhage kisses Mary's scar (so I guess that's one of the similiraties that I observe).

So read it, the english is not that hard to read and I really enjoyed the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once and Always.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn ive read afew of her novels..one of which i find i love the most is Whitney My Love...:)

message 2: by Mabel (new)

Mabel i read books by this author while i was still in college. Try Whitney My Love. It's very good. I don't know if you've also ready books by Julie Garwood... if not, try Honor's Splendour.