Sabine's Reviews > The Name of the Wind

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Oct 03, 14

bookshelves: all-time-faves, e-books, fantasy
Read from May 25, 2010 to August 03, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of the Wind.

Quotes Sabine Liked

Patrick Rothfuss
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“I wanted to tell her that she was the first beautiful thing I had seen in three years. That the sight of her yawning to the back of her hand was enought to drive the breath from me. How I sometimes lost the sense of her words in the sweet fluting of her voice. I wanted to say that if she were with me then somehow nothing could ever be wrong for me again.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“The boy grows upward, but the girl grows up.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“I also felt guilty about the three pens I'd stolen, but only for a second. And since there was no convenient way to give them back, I stole a bottle of ink before I left.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“However, while being able to think about two things at the same time is a terribly convenient, the training it takes to get there is frustrating at best, and at other times rather disturbing.

I remember one time I looked for the stone for almost an hour before I consented to ask the other half of me where I'd hidden it, only to find I hadn't hidden the stone at all. I had merely been waiting to see how long I would look before giving up. Have you ever been annoyed and amused with yourself at the same time? It's an interesting feeling, to say the very least.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady. Their lives are hard enough, and it never hurts to be polite.”

06/08/2010 page 221