Bekah's Reviews > Married By Morning

Mar 19, 2010

bookshelves: read-own, 2011-reads
Read in December, 2011

4 * Married by Morning

Leo, Lord Ramsey and Catherine Marks have been at odds since the day they met. Catherine is employed by the Hathaways to instruct Leo’s two younger sisters in the ways of the ton. Leo knows she is hiding something and he’s determined to find out exactly what it is, just as soon as he gets to the bottom of the sizzling attraction he has for the tight laced Catherine Marks!

I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting for Leo’s story. He broke my heart in Mine till Midnight when he lost his fiancé. His depth of love was apparent and all consuming; I just knew that his story would be intense with that sort of capacity to fall into love so completely. As a hero, Leo is a joy to read. He falls madly, head over heels in love with Catherine and he does everything to be with her. He resists as long as possible fearing the maddening way he loves might destroy him yet again, but his love for Marks cannot be denied. The way he pursues her and wears her down is so sweetly romantic to read and extraordinarily spicy as only Lisa Kleypas can do.

“Rest against my heart. Let me watch over your dreams. And know that tomorrow morning, and every morning after that, you’ll awaken next to someone who loves you.”

Leo Hathaway gets a 9/10 on the Kleypas hero scale from me! I couldn’t get enough of him and hated to see his book end, but fully enjoyed his happily ever after.

The steam is so very yummy in this book. Especially in the end, when Catherine and Leo have finally succumbed to one another. The tension building was palpable and I loved how it was drawn out. Ever since the end of Tempt Me at Twilight, I couldn’t wait to see the explosion of Leo and Catherine and they did not disappoint. Ms. Kleypas takes us through their irresistible fighting with one another, the flying, constant witty repartee smoothly into their need to touch, kiss and be held. It’s a very tingly read. It will keep you nice and toasty warm in the winter months for sure! 8/10 on the Kleypas steam scale.

“I want to draw directly on you with feather and ink…flowers around your breasts, trails of stars down your thighs.” He let his warm lips brush the edge of her ear. “I want to map your body, chart the north, south, east and west of you.”

The romance/sigh factor is well worth the wait as well. For a man like Leo who loves with his entire being, and then some, there could be no other way for this story to be told. Leo and Catherine were both able to find the one thing in the one person they both needed beyond air. Their struggles to love one another; Leo’s pursuit of a woman he thought he couldn’t stand, and Catherine’s willingness to love and trust any man, let alone one with Leo’s reputation, it was all quite sweet and utterly touching. The end especially is uber sigh worthy! 9/10 on the Kleypas romance/sigh factor.

Next Up: Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas

Find my reviews at page 317.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married By Morning.

Quotes Bekah Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“Ah, there’s the governess voice. All stern and disapproving. It makes me feel like a naughty schoolboy.”

Lisa Kleypas
“You seem to think you have a choice," Cam said. "But you have it backwards. Love chooses you. The shadow moves as the sun commands.”
tags: love

Lisa Kleypas
“I know I'm a bad bargain. But I'm begging you to have me anyway. Because I want a chance to make you as happy as you make me. I want to build a life with you."

He fought to steady his voice. "Please come to me, Cat, because there's no surviving you. You don't have to love me back. You don't have to be mine. Just let me be yours.”

Lisa Kleypas
“There are some experiences in life they haven't invented the right words for.”