Jeff Brateman's Reviews > Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack by Dale Brown

M 50x66
Mar 18, 10

Read in January, 2006

Overall this storyline of Patrick McClanahan is just silly. I just don't understand creating an alternative universe and timeline (see Back to the Future 2 for clarification), but referencing things from one universe in the other. For example, this book references all the world events that happened in previous books, which was a crazy depiction of the world, but the author then decides to mention 9-11 as a source of something. I think it references the alternative universe by mentioning all the nuclear bombs exploding all over the world in different conflicts, but then back to reality. I'm sorry, but you can't have one universe intersect the other. It just doesn't make any sense. In his world, 9-11 would not have taken place, as other crap has happened, and prevents the other actions from becoming reality. Oh yea, and the rest of the book sucks too. This is all I will say. P.S. It is a wanna-be Jack Ryan plotline, only much less interesting, and a lot more fantasy-land with the new gismos and gadgets available at just the right time to help kill the bad guys.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plan of Attack.