Charlotte's Reviews > Jane Austen Ruined My Life

1119274
Mar 18, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read in March, 2010

2nd of my Reader's Choice books...actually, Chelsea picked this one up from the library, and when I saw that it was a reader's choice, I swiped it from her. I enjoyed this story from an obvious Jane Austen fan, and enjoyed the things I learned about her, since I am also a Jane Austen fan.

The story is about a woman, Emma, who after a divorce and embarrassing dismissal from her position as a college professor, (due to a false accusation of plagiarism) decides to accept an invitation from a woman who purports to have letters written by Jane Austen which have never been published. Hoping to revive her career and get away from her past, she agrees to meet this woman. She is given a series of "tasks" to "prove her worthiness" to see the letters, and in the mean time, is thrust into the path of Adam, an old "friend". (Who still carries a torch for her.) So, it is a bit of a romance, and a bit of a mystery, and was a fun read, though not a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Austen Ruined My Life.