Eleni ( La Femme Readers )'s Reviews > Party

Party by Tom Leveen

Apr 18, 10

Read in March, 2010

Party was told through the eyes of eleven, diverse teenagers. Each individual told there story through their own chapter. After their narration was over, the only time they made an appearance is if they collided into another person's chapter. Tom does a great job of connecting all the characters at the house party in Santa Barbara. His writing ability was fresh and easy to follow. I admired the fact that each person had their own voice and didn't get lost in the shuffle. The teens behavior at the party was typical however, an unforeseen event rocked the house.

I was shocked at the treatment of one of the characters at the party. I was disgusted by a particular person who couldn't handle his emotions and drinking which caused him to react in a hateful way. There were two individuals I really liked though, Max and Ryan. Max was the quiet, sweet skateboarder. While, Ryan was the man whore of the group. Total opposites right? They both entertained me and I enjoyed there narration the most. Overall, a pretty good debut by Tom with a cohesive storyline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Party.

03/24/2010 page 100