Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Double Cross

Double Cross by Carolyn Crane

Mar 18, 2010

Read from October 06 to 08, 2010

Like book 1, I have no clue how to review this book. First, you really, really should read book 1 since book 2 would make even less sense than it does for us who read book 1. No, I am not one of the characters in the book, I eventually will make sense (or maybe not).

Double Cross is one of those books where you really question the author’s state of mind because she would have to be really twisted (in a good way) to come up with some of the ideas for the story. It is so unique, and interesting that you find yourself going “wow” and WTF at the same time.

It is a great story (notice I have yet to tell you what the story is because I cannot even begin to explain it) and one that will keep you guessing at every page. The one constant throughout the story is Justine. She is the only one the reader can trust, and you ride the crazy train along with Justine throughout the book.

Go read this book and you will understand why I cannot explain this book. Just make sure you read book 1 first!

Just added this book to my "Favorite Book of 2010" shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Cross.

10/06/2010 page 55
13.0% "Great start. I had to refresh my memory on book 1 since book 1 was so unique, I had to go back and read the plot summary again so I could remember everything. I really like Justine!" 1 comment
10/06/2010 page 80
19.0% "For some reason, I really like Packard & don't like Otto." 6 comments
10/06/2010 page 100
23.0% "This book is so deliciously twisted, it is hard to figure out what to write about it."
10/07/2010 page 232
54.0% "I love that the only person you can truly trust in this book is Justine. It is so full of twists that I cannot figure out what is really going on and I love that!" 1 comment
10/07/2010 page 300
69.0% "holy smokes, wow, ok, I never saw that coming."
10/08/2010 page 432
100.0% "outstanding..where is book 3, much better than book 1!"
04/20/2016 marked as: read

Katyana I just finished it! I agree, it is kind of indescribable, but freaking AMAZING. I need to poke all my friends to read this series, I am just so incredibly impressed.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katyana wrote: "I just finished it! I agree, it is kind of indescribable, but freaking AMAZING. I need to poke all my friends to read this series, I am just so incredibly impressed."

There is definitely not a series like this one out there! Glad you liked it.

Katyana Yeah, I have never read anything like it. I utterly adored this second book. The first was all kinds of fun, but at times was a bit chewy because there was so much set up.

Is the third only in e-book? WTF?

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katyana wrote: "Yeah, I have never read anything like it. I utterly adored this second book. The first was all kinds of fun, but at times was a bit chewy because there was so much set up.

Is the third only in e-b..."

It is only in ebook and audiobook. I think it will be published later in paperback. I know that is weird huh?

Katyana Yeah! Boo, having to wait sucks, but I am a good old-fashioned book gal.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katyana wrote: "Yeah! Boo, having to wait sucks, but I am a good old-fashioned book gal."

That is exactly what I said until I received my Kindle for a gift last year and I haven't looked back. I adore/treasure/can't-live-without my Kindle.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) This series is hard to explain but so incredible, fresh, and twisty. It didn't have vampires, werewolves, but it did kind-of/sort-of have zombies. LOL

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Anna wrote: "This series is hard to explain but so incredible, fresh, and twisty. It didn't have vampires, werewolves, but it did kind-of/sort-of have zombies. LOL"

You know alot of people didn't like it for just that reason. I thought it was incredible.

Katyana I can't imagine not liking it because of that. I was so excited to read something so new and inspired!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Katyana wrote: I can't imagine not liking it because of that. I was so excited to read something so new and inspired!

That is exactly how I felt. Plus, I loved how Crane got me to cheer for such a headcase. Loved how Packard was morally ambigious, self-serving, and sexy. The secondary characters were cool, too.

Katyana What I really give her credit for is the complexity of the characters. For example, we have every reason in the world to hate Packard, but... somehow, defying all logical analysis of what he's done, I just don't. I adore him. I sympathize with him.