Missy's Reviews > The Department of Lost & Found

The Department of Lost & Found by Allison Winn Scotch

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: breast-cancer
Read on March 29, 2010

I LOVED this story! I wasn't sure I was going to like it in the beginning, because the story focused not only on Natalie's cancer, but her job and love life also. The story comes together nicely, it is not all doom and gloom about her illness.....there is even romance thrown in for good measure.

When Natalie is given her diagnosis, her current boyfriend dumps her. She sets her sights on contacting the five true loves from her past, to find out why their relationships didn't last. I thought that this was a cute diversion from the story. Natalie's parents are absent for the most important part of her treatment; a past true love shows up and is there for her. Just when you think it is FATE that will bring them back together, the story turns in another direction.

I liked Allison Winn Scotch's writing style. She is very descriptive....I could picture the characters and places in my head while reading. I will definitely read more by this author!

This is a chick lit/drama/comedy all wrapped up in a wonderful story about forgiveness, love, and finding your own true happiness.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Department of Lost & Found.