Catherine's Reviews > The Sweet Scent of Blood

The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod

Mar 17, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: satyr, contemporary, fantasy-paranormal-sci-fi, magic-mystical-ability, read-2010, series, vampire
Read from March 17 to April 09, 2010

This story started off with a lot of promise for me. I liked the characters and the world the author built. As I read on I became more and more unhappy with the execution of the book. Events seemed disjointed and everything felt slightly off. There was also a pov tense change at the end of the book that seemed odd and out of place.

I'm interested with seeing how things will settle with Malik and Finn, but I really don't want to deal with so many unanswered questions again. I really can't tell if the author deliberately left things vague and mysterious or if I was just missing something.

I'd be interested to know more about 3V and exactly why it seems like there's a cure for some people but none for others. Also I really don't understand what exactly is going on with the alter ego and what the specifics are of that. I wish I did. I think I would have enjoyed the story more if I wasn't so confused by everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Scent of Blood.

Katyana Totally agree, this book zipped from A to Z and then back to F with no explanation of what was going on. It was super disjointed. I am bummed, because I really liked the first 1/3 or so. :(

Catherine I felt let down too because the beginning showed a lot of promise. I ended up not caring enough to read any further in the series so I don't know if it ever got better.

Katyana Yeah, at this point I'm not sure I can push onward. Between the disjointed storytelling and the fact that I hated the secondary cast, I just don't see how it could win me over.