Heather's Reviews > Shoot the Moon

Shoot the Moon by Billie Letts

Apr 27, 10

Read in March, 2009

I found this novel to be unpredictable. I loved the manner in which the author twisted her story so that one moment you would be so sure that you knew who the father was and who the murderer was only to turn the page and discover you are wrong. The two main characters falling in love was obvious from the start but ended up playing out nicely.

I also felt that the author did a terrific job of introducing her characters and creating emotions for the reader with them. She was even able to uniquely give you a look at Mark's birth mother through her diary. This diary of a teenage girl had me recalling just what it was like to be that age... how everything is so dramatic and feels so life-changing. I adored this intelligent, artsy, athletic young girl whose life path was drastically altered by her unexpected pregnancy.

Overall, although I didn't love this novel as much as I did Where the heart Is, I still found it to be a very enjoyable read. It is a fairly light novel that one can soar through quickly. Yet it is a story that you will be sure to remember.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shoot the Moon.