Shawna's Reviews > No Place to Run

No Place to Run by Maya Banks

Mar 17, 2010

bookshelves: cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, author-maya-banks, romantic-suspense, series-kelly-kgi, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, reunions-are-sweeter-second-chances, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, kindle, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, i-read-kindle, i-read-own-faves-keepers, 2010-reads, best-fave-reads-of-2010, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, favorite-romance-series, favorites, hero-alpha‎, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-i-wanna-smack, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, military-romance, sizable-packages, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, 5-stars, hero-brooding, hh-warrior, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, steam-4-smokin, hh-on-the-run-in-hiding, hero-pissed-me-off-and-turned-me-on, hero-military-war-veteran
Recommended for: Fans of steamy, emotional romantic suspense & alpha military heroes
Read from December 08 to 09, 2010

5 stars – Romantic Suspense

I didn't love this quite as much as The Darkest Hour, the first book in the fantastic Kelly/KGI series, but it's still a great romantic suspense read with lots of emotional twists, pulse pounding action, and erotic love scenes.

Sam is such a sexy, caring alpha hero (and a smokin' hot, attentive lover!), but his mistrust of Sophie frustrated and angered me at times. Although that suspicion certainly ran both ways, and Sophie's stubbornness, dishonesty, and TSTL moments annoyed me, too.

I can't wait for Hidden Away to find out what kind of heroine gets under gruff, stoic Garrett's tough exterior and brings him to his knees. And I really hope Maya Banks writes books for the rest of the Kelly clan, especially Donovan, who's the sweet peacekeeper of the brothers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Place to Run.

02/02/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR Ooh! So you are a fan of Van as well? A lot of my friends seem to have a huge crush on the guy. Garrett however is the guy for me. Just makes my knees go weak ^_^

message 2: by Shawna (last edited Dec 11, 2010 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Oh yeah...Van is dreamy! I'm looking forward to Garrett's story too 'cause I want to see him grovel a little.

message 3: by MBR (new) - rated it 5 stars

MBR Shawna wrote: "Oh yeah...Van is dreamy! I'm looking forward to Garrett's story too 'cause I want to see him grovel a little."

Definitely!!

Auntee Great review Shawna! Yeah, that lack of trust bothered me too. But these two hardly knew each other, so I could understand it.

Shawna Thanks, Auntee! I understood their reluctance to trust each other, but it just got a bit exasperating at times.

Auntee I know, especially that big scene at the end where Sam thought...well, you know!