Marquesate's Reviews > Special Forces

Oct 09, 11

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: authored, military
Read in January, 2009 — I own a copy

This is the original version, which was edited by both writers at the time of writing and first publication. To say it was "not" edited is factually incorrect.

However, as of October 2011, more than two years after finishing Special Forces, I was able to read Soldiers again. Yes, I would edit this first part to tighten up the writing and the flow, which took us co-authors a while to gel, and to thus smooth the language, but I won't.

Special Forces, its original version of the time of first publication, will remain as it is for me: a - sometimes perhaps a little rough - diamond. In many ways this is the only real and true version, for it came to live with blood and tears, and endless hours - this epic dominated, if not governed, three years of my life.

Special Forces is part of the past, and this version will always remain as it is: still breathing with every word its original rawness, brutality, emotional intensity and the echo of every single punch that was never pulled.

For more information:

Please feel free to read the version of Soldiers that Vashtan edited on their own, if you'd like to. It's available for free as well, I believe.

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Special Forces.