Marcia's Reviews > Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever

Thirst No. 2 by Christopher Pike

Apr 28, 10

Read from April 23 to 27, 2010

I have to admit, I enjoyed Thirst No. 2 a lot better than Thirst No. 1, well at least 90% of it. There were a few really 'out there' chapters, but once the story unfolded some more, it all created an amazing ending/story. It led us through so much of Sita's life in a rather short span of time (though, some may think 568 long, it's short for telling one's life as this novel did). It flowed smoothly, and didn't seem to miss a beat or 'confuse' me at all. I really enjoyed it.

It was both sad, horrific, and amusing. I have to admit, I really enjoy the 'all powerful' Sita, who only wants to love and be loved and is constantly second guessing her motives and actions, and considers herself far from an Angel; even though she is constantly trying to save the underdog. Sure, she's murdered many people and perhaps in her past it was for selfish gains (Vampire's do that), but the present Sita is all about protecting those she loves and cherishes, at any costs.

I have to admit, the twist in the story was a little predictable (to me at least). I KNEW, who the 'bad guy' was going to be, and when it was him, I felt a small triumph. It was really interesting to read. I also liked that he didn't repeat himself as much in this novel as he had in the first one. That's what annoyed me greatly about the first novel.

I decided to give the book 4 out of 5 stars simply because I think the 'weird' chapters in the novel were just a little too out there for THIS book. I would love that concept in a separate type of book/genre, but it kind of took away from the 'flow' of how the story was working it's way. I still enjoyed it and he did it in a way to make it all 'make sense' at the very end ... but I think he could have done something a little differently. Overall, a good book!

The ending in particular was touching! I am curious to see how Thirst No. 3 will work out after that ending. I'll have to wait until October for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirst No. 2.

04/23/2010 page 1