Jessica's Reviews > Dead Souls

419287
Nov 23, 07

Recommended for: US census bureau
Read in March, 2002

I like the song. Also seems vaguely relevant to current US census policy re the counting of incarcerated people (see prisonersofthecensus.org)..... or maybe not so much. I have almost no memory of reading this book, so it couldn't have been that amazing, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it at the time and I know I finished it, so there's that.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Souls.

message 1: by matthew (new) - added it

matthew i have yet to finish this, but i liked what i read. what was your problem with it?

Jessica I don't have a problem with it, except I seem to remember it has no ending.

It was okay. Actually, I have a feeling I liked it at the time. Probably not a two, but a three-star... I don't remember it very well, though, and like I said, I have a feeling it didn't really have an ending, like maybe Gogol might've died or something before he finished it? Maybe I'm making this up. I really don't remember reading this book very well. I was in college at the time. But hell, why not, I'll give it another star.

There!

message 3: by matthew (new) - added it

matthew well, it didn't have an ending for me, as i mentioned, but i did enjoy the premise. i suppose i'll have to finish it (if, in fact, it can be finished!).