Courtney's Reviews > And Only to Deceive

And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander

Mar 16, 2010

bookshelves: adult, read-in-2010, must-read
Read from June 11 to 23, 2010

This book was fabulous! Thank you to Celina for recommending it to me. If you like a good mystery or suspense novel, you need to read this. It is set in Victorian England. Lady Emily Ashton is widowed after a short marriage to her husband Philip. In the two years after his death, many details about her husband come to the surface that she did not discover during their brief marriage. Emily has to figure out who her late husband really was. Was he a good man or involved in criminal activities?

If you could ask my husband what I thought about this book, he would tell you that I had to have loved it because I could not shut up about it. Every single chapter I read, I told him how much I liked it. I don't feel like I can talk about many details of the story without giving it away because the suspense builds through the whole book. If you like suspense with a little romance thrown in, you need to read this! It reminded me of the same feeling I had when I first started reading Marne Davis Kellogg's Brilliant, one of my favourite books I've read in recent years. This one is a must read! I couldn't put it down, and I'm super excited to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Only to Deceive.