ElaineY's Reviews > More

More by Sloan Parker

Mar 29, 10

bookshelves: mm, contemporary-romance, mmm-or-more, romantic-suspense
Read from March 23 to 29, 2010

The 'suspense' description on Loose Id attracted, as it always does, and I pounced on Sloan Parker's debut offering, hoping it would give me what I haven't had in awhile - PWP.

I love long books but the first few hundred pages had the three characters having so much sex, I was exhausted. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Luke, Matthew and Richard are clearly made for each other and every time they come together, it's a complex mix of emotions, baggage and hopes. Fulfilling for each other - and me.

I didn't get my suspense fix until towards the final stretch and is the reason why I'm not giving it 5 stars. That, and the evil insane senator-father plot device which I find a little trite. Add Fowler, his evil goon, to the mix and it was a tad over-done.

Nonetheless, it was a satisfying read and wonderful intro for the author. I'll definitely be looking out for Sloan Parker's next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More.

ElaineY Ahh. A nice, long gay RS. Will start this tonight.

ElaineY I'm liking it but am not very far along. I lost my liking for menages after I started reading M/M but More is one menage I can believe would work.

Price-wise, that's bothered me for awhile now. The only reason I can come up with as to why they're more expensive than a mass paperback, word count-wise is because of the piracy. My only solution has been to be more discriminating and not to hit the B button until I've checked the reviews (here on GR first, then other sites).

Even then, I have to cut down and I do this by not buying the short stories, saving my money for a longer book which would, hopefully, give me character and plot development. There are enough good short stories available free on the 'net that makes it easy for me to wait for novel and novel-length books to come out.

message 3: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy Fantastic review, Elaine!

message 4: by ElaineY (last edited Mar 29, 2010 07:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ElaineY Thanks, Rossy. Have you read it? I think you'll like it.

message 5: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy I wanted to get started on it yesterday but things just keep getting in the way. Hopefully tomorrow?LOL