Darcy's Reviews > Running Scared

Running Scared by Shannon K. Butcher

Jun 27, 10

bookshelves: 2010, demons, pnr
Read on June 27, 2010

I have been waiting for this pairing ever since the first book. Right away Zack and Lexi interested me with their instant chemistry and her total freak out and secret knowledge of who these guys were. Learning more about Lexi's background makes that reaction much more understandable and had you rooting for Zack, that he could breech the walls that were firmly built around her. Watching Lexi slowly realize that all she had been told was a lie was great, along with her slowly starting to accept and trust Zack.

There were a lot of other things going on that don't seem like they will be resolved for a while. One of those that I am most looking forward to is the story with Nika and Madoc. I so hope those 2 end up together. I also loved the scene with Sybil and Cain, which sort of weirds me out too. I very much want the Gray Lady to get found out, it seems like for a long time now she has been hiding things and doing things to hurt her people not help them. I am not sure what to think of the visitor at the end. Part of me thinks that it is a convenient plot point, but another says that in a way it makes sense. Time will tell as the consequences play out. I can't wait for the next book!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Scared.

message 1: by Jackie M (new) - added it

Jackie M I don't know if you are interested or not but I have a link to a contest where you can win a copy of the book and ask Ms. Butcher questions. Let me know if you want it.

Darcy I would be interested in that Jackie, if you can let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks!!