Ms. Nikki's Reviews > Bran's Story

liked it
bookshelves: bdsm-light-or-extreme, m-m, on-kindle-fire-nook-samsung
Read from May 06 to September 15, 2010

2.75 Stars~~ It was better than "Okay" ~~

I was compelled to read this from other reviews and suggestions, but I have to say that I got nothing out of it, not even from an educational standpoint. No jumping for joy, no rooting for the under-dog, no tearing up from heartbreak or angst. It was just a story of a man who retrains slaves, has a dysfunctional family, and adores his newest slave, but already has too much on his plate to juggle. It was interesting, but there was never anything solid for me to grasp onto.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bran's Story.

05/23/2010 page 22

Rachel Haimowitz How do you like this so far? I saw the title in my update feed and couldn't help myself :D

Ms. Nikki I started reading this in May and I forgot everything so I'm gonna have to start over (my memory is truly awful). At the time I wasn't in the mood. Right now, I'm reading A Vampire in Waikiki and liking it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Watch out! The "I love Bran and Holden" herd will trample you!!

Sorry you didn't like it, though. Are you going to read the sequels?

Renee (ren213) No way Nikki!!! I noticed that you and I usually agree on books. I can't believe you weren't crazy about this book! Just goes to show you that certain things just aren't for everyone. :D

Ms. Nikki It's not that I didn't like it, it just didn't have enough substance. I will eventually read the others, just not right now.

Renee: I just need more out of books these days :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Nikki wrote: "It's not that I didn't like it, it just didn't have enough substance. I will eventually read the others, just not right now.

Renee: I just need more out of books these days :)"

Bran and Jesse's stories are a bit fluffy. The last book is a lot more substantive. I almost think that she wrote the first two just for fun and the ideas they brought up created a need to explore slavery and poly a little more thoroughly. So then she had to write the last one.

Ms. Nikki Thanks for letting me know that, Kate. Hopefully, I will enjoy those more since I know what I'm getting into. Did the "I'm a slave and I'm okay with being bought and sold" bother you?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Nikki wrote: "Thanks for letting me know that, Kate. Hopefully, I will enjoy those more since I know what I'm getting into. Did the "I'm a slave and I'm okay with being bought and sold" bother you?"

Not really, because I accepted it as part of the world that she was creating and because it doesn't bother Bran (if that makes sense?). But that definitely becomes a bigger issue in Jesse's Story and is one of the major themes in Lee's Story.

Ms. Nikki For some odd reason, I wasn't bothered by it either.