De'Shawn's Reviews > Twelfth Night

M_50x66
Jan 10, 08

Recommended for: Shakespeare Lovers
Read in December, 2007

Twelfth Night, a Romantic Comedy that was written by the late William Shakespeare has to be one of his best works. This romantic Comedy deals and relates to real life events, as people in life hides there identities so that others won't know there true inner self. For example, Viola played a character in the name of Cesario in Twelfth Night. She had true feelings for one Orsino but couldn't express her feelings because of her disguise being a man. Her disguise instead was to help Olivia hook up with the man that loves her Orsino, but when she (Olivia) rejected Orsino's love. It was Act 5 when Viola confises her love to Orsino and the two characters married each other on there close friendship throught the book. I can relate myself to Twelfth Night because I personally have a disguise for those I like in school and having a disguise is a way where a can protect my feelings to myself. I think that Shakespeare did a great job relating the real world to Illyria and his characters with human characteristics in Twelfth Night. These characteristics in Twelfth Night were disguises. This book taught me that everyone in someway have a disguise, and its up to you to reveal the disguise to those you love and care for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twelfth Night.

Quotes De'Shawn Liked

William Shakespeare
“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”
William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night