Jamie's Reviews > Never Let Me Go

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

May 18, 10

bookshelves: books-i-read-2010, anglophile
Read from March 19 to May 17, 2010

This book was absolutely amazing. I was so stunned by it that I couldn't even do a proper review right away. The less you know going into this book the better. I can say that it will leave you thinking about it for days after you read it.(Weeks, Months even.)To make it short and sweet: Kathy H. lives at Halsham. This is a "school" at an undisclosed location somewhere in England. Kathy is special, just like all the other students at Halsham. But she doesn't fully understand why right away. As you progress through the book, you learn along with Kathy why this is. All the memories she takes you through seem like unimportant facts at first, but things all come together, and your heart will absolutely break for these charicters by the end of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Let Me Go.

Quotes Jamie Liked

Kazuo Ishiguro
“Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.”
Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go

Kazuo Ishiguro
“I keep thinking about this river somewhere, with the water moving really fast. And these two people in the water, trying to hold onto each other, holding on as hard as they can, but in the end it's just too much. The current's too strong. They've got to let go, drift apart. That's how it is with us. It's a shame, Kath, because we've loved each other all our lives. But in the end, we can't stay together forever.”
Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go

03/19/2010 page 36
12.5% 1 comment
04/08/2010 page 40
13.89% "Well written...keeps you guessing!"
04/23/2010 page 80
27.78% "Really going to work on this one on weekend...awesome book, but one you have to read thoughtfully."
05/03/2010 page 80
27.78% "WOW"
05/17/2010 page 190
65.97% "Once I started reading this weekend, I couldn't stop. This book is amazing, and completely heartbreaking."
show 4 hidden updates…