Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > The Red Pyramid

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

Brilliant, enticing and hilarious!

I had my doubts about this book - the Percy Jackson series were amazing and I just couldn't imagine a similar one about a different mythology being as good, but The Red Pyramid proved all assumptions wrong. Full of sarcasm, danger, interesting real-world facts and unexpected adventures, the book is a Rick Riordan work through and through.

Loved both Carter and Sadie, and the gods were amazing (esp. Anubis :D ). Laughed at the reference about "Manhattan and its other Gods". LOL for all the verbal irony and sarcasm. And there was a fair bit of cute romance in there, too.

Can't wait to read what happens next.

A must-read for all Percy Jackson fans, as well as all those who love a book full of good sarcasm and adventures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Pyramid.

Quotes Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) Liked

Rick Riordan
“Fairness means everyone gets what they need. And the only way to get what you need is to make it happen yourself.”

Rick Riordan
“Our baboon was going completely sky goddess - which is to say, nuts.”

Rick Riordan
“Right.” Sadie looked dazed. “You’ve got a monkey butler. Why not?”

Rick Riordan
“Now the tattoos," Zia announced.
"Brilliant!" I said.
"On your tongue," she added.
"Excuse me?”

Rick Riordan
“I just love family meetings. Very cozy, with the Christmas garlands round the fireplace and a nice pot of tea and a detective from Scotland Yard ready to arrest you.”

Rick Riordan
“Oh, god,” I said. “Sorry, sorry. Do I die now?”
--Sadie to Zia”

Rick Riordan
“Now, now," Bast said. "It's not so bad."
"Right," I said. "We're stuck in Washington, D.C. We have two days to make it to Arizona and stop a god we don't know how to stop. And if we can't, we'll never see our dad or Amos again, and the world might end."
"That's the spirit!" Bast said brightly. "Now, let's have a picnic.”

Rick Riordan
“In person, if possible, Anubis was even more drop-dead gorgeous. [Oh . . . ha, ha. I didn't catch the pun, but thank you, Carter. God of the dead, drop-dead gorgeous. Yes, hilarious. Now, may I continue?]”
tags: pun

Rick Riordan
“Wha-what?" Her eyes fluttered open.
"Nothing," I shouted. "We're being followed by a slaying machine. Go back to sleep.”

Rick Riordan
“The House is in the house"

Chapter 38”

Rick Riordan
“But not like this: not with
the house just an afterimage, and my mom a spirit, and my dad...recycled."

"Carter Kane, Chapter 41”

06/27/2010 page 260
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lora Tihomirova Привет. Харесва ли ти? Аз доста се зарибих и постоянно чета. ^^

message 2: by Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) (last edited Jun 27, 2010 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) Здрасти. Много е хубава! Гледах The Lightning Thief когато излезе и оттогава започнах да чета книгите на Рик Риордан и ги обожавам! E, поне Пърси Джаксън книгите, защото тях съм чела. Но тази не им отстъпва до тук. Риордан има страхотно чувство за хумор :D

message 3: by CaliGirlRae (new) - added it

CaliGirlRae Excellent review, Adi! I can't wait to check this series and Percy Jackson out. I loved the movie!

Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) Rae wrote: "Excellent review, Adi! I can't wait to check this series and Percy Jackson out. I loved the movie!"

I hope you have as much fun reading them as I did :)

Daphne Delacroix I absolutely LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEDD the Percy Jackson books! But my favourite by far was the 5th one! Isn't Riordan a genius! ( No,that's not a question, Sadie, because our creator, Mr Riordan is a genius)