Mikaela's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

I'm psychic. Yes ladies and gents, you heard me right. It's true. I predicted everything. I quote myself; "I think that (view spoiler) killed the queen. She's just a little too suspect... Plus, she hit on Dimitri, which made me hate her. NO ONE BUT ME (and, ok, maybe Rose too) CAN HIT ON DIMITRI!".

This was indeed the perfect ending to a perfect series. It was brutally real and totally heartbreaking in places, but it was never predictable. I loved every minute of it, and it was definitely my favourite book in the entire series. Dimitri and Rose in this... Well. What can I say? My Favourite part? In the motel at the begining of the book. I bet Dimitri didn't see that coming. I'm pretty sure at that moment I squeed out loud.

I give this 5 billion stars... even if it is just out of five!

P.S I would bet my house that the spin off series will be about Adrian falling in love with Sydney. It's such a given. Listen to me! I'm psychic, remember?

Later Note: Wow. Adrian/Sydney spin off happened. I actually am psycic- I really need to invest in shares or something...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes Mikaela Liked

Richelle Mead
“I'm backing down now. I really do love you. That's why I'm doing this.”

Richelle Mead
“What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?”

Richelle Mead
“From behind Lissa, I heard Christian say, "Worst. Timing. Ever." Adrian studied Lissa and then looked at Christain sprawling on the bed on the far side of the suite.
"Huh," Adrian said, letting himself in. "So that's how you're going to fix the family problem. Little Dragomirs. Good idea." Christian sat up and strolled toward them.
"Yeah, that's exactly it. You're interrupting official Council business.”

Richelle Mead
“Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.”

Richelle Mead
“A gun. I had been brought down by a gun. It was practically comical. Cheaters, I thought.”

Richelle Mead
“I wasn't fooled. He was avoiding looking at me. "There's nothing to talk about."
"I knew you'd say that. Actually, it was a toss-up between that and 'I don't know what you're talking about.'"
Dimitri sighed.”

“Who is he?"
"An idiot, said Adrian. "Makes me look like an upstanding member of society.”

Richelle Mead
“You were wrong. She really is the new general in town."
I smiled back, hoping he wasn't aware of my body's reaction to us standing so close. "Maybe. But, it's okay. You can still be colonel."
He arched an eyebrow. "Oh? Did you demote yourself? Colonel's right below general. What's that make you?"
I reached into my pocket and triumphantly flashed the CR-V keys I'd swiped when we'd come back inside. "The driver," I said.”

Richelle Mead
“I don’t belong to anyone. I make my own choices."
"And you’re with Adrian," said Dimitri.
"But I was meant for you.”

Richelle Mead
“Sex had been amazing, but it wasn't a magical cure for everything. Damn. Somewhere along the way, I'd picked up common sense.”

Richelle Mead
“Rose, I'm an addict with no work ethic who is likely going to go insane. I'm not like you. I'm not a super-hero."
"Not yet," I said.”

Richelle Mead
“Sometimes the greatest tests of our strength are situations that don't seem so obviously dangerous. Sometimes surviving is the hardest thing of all.”

Richelle Mead
“Abe held my gaze a bit longer and then broke into an easy smile. ʺOf course, of course. This is a family gathering. A celebration. And look: hereʹs our newest member.ʺ

Dimitri had joined us and wore black and white like my mother and me. He stood beside me, conspicuously not touching. ʺMr. Mazur,ʺ he said formally, nodding a greeting to both of them. ʺGuardian Hathaway.ʺ

Dimitri was seven years older than me, but right then, facing my parents, he looked like he was sixteen and about to pick me up for a date.

ʺAh, Belikov,ʺ said Abe, shaking Dimitriʹs hand. ʺIʹd been hoping weʹd run into each other. Iʹd really like to get to know you better. Maybe we can set aside some time to talk, learn more about life, love, et cetera. Do you like to hunt? You seem like a hunting man. Thatʹs what we should do sometime. I know a great spot in the woods. Far, far away. We could make a day of it. Iʹve certainly got a lot of questions Iʹd like to ask you. A lot of things Iʹd like to tell you too.ʺ

I shot a panicked look at my mother, silently begging her to stop this. Abe had spent a good deal of time talking to Adrian when we dated, explaining in vivid and gruesome detail exactly how Abe expected his daughter to be treated. I did not want Abe taking Dimitri off alone into the wilderness, especially if firearms were involved.

ʺActually,ʺ said my mom casually. ʺIʹd like to come along. I also have a number of questions—especially about when you two were back at St. Vladimirʹs.ʺ

ʺDonʹt you guys have somewhere to be?ʺ I asked hastily. ʺWeʹre about to start.ʺ

That, at least, was true. Nearly everyone was in formation, and the crowd was quieting. ʺOf course,ʺ said Abe. To my astonishment, he brushed a kiss over my forehead before stepping away. ʺIʹm glad youʹre back.ʺ Then, with a wink, he said to Dimitri:

ʺLooking forward to our chat.ʺ

ʺRun,ʺ I said when they were gone. ʺIf you slip out now, maybe they wonʹt notice. Go back to Siberia."

"Actually," said Dimitri, "I'm pretty sure Abe would notice. Don't worry, Roza. I'm not afraid. I'll take whatever heat they give me over being with you. It's worth it.”

Richelle Mead
“What?" I asked uneasily. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He shook his head, the smile rueful now. "Because sometimes, a person can get so caught up in the details that they miss the whole. It's not just the dress or the hair. It's YOU. You're beautiful. So beautiful, it hurts me.”

Richelle Mead
“You've always been my equal, Roza.”

Richelle Mead
“For a moment, I was captivated as I studied them side by side. My mother: the perfect picture of guardian excellence and decorum. My father: always capable of achieving his goals, no matter how twisted the means. Uneasily, I began to understand how I’d inherited my bizarre personality.”

Richelle Mead
“You managed to get him a duster, but you couldn't find me a pair of jeans?”

Richelle Mead
“What was love, really? Flowers, chocolate, and poetry? Or was it something else? Was it being able to finish someone's jokes? Was it having absolute faith that someone was there at your back? Was it knowing someone so well that they instantly understood why you did the things you did—and shared those same beliefs?”

Richelle Mead
“I always love seeing what worries you. Strigoi? No. Questionable food? Yes.”

Richelle Mead
“Wait until next time," he warned. "I'll do things that'll make you lose control within seconds.”

Richelle Mead
“I opened my eyes and met his dark, earnest gaze. "It's okay," I said. "It's okay now. I'm here I'll always be here for you.”

Richelle Mead
“Okay, so. You, Belikov, the Alchemist, Sonya Karp, Victor Dashkov, and Robert Doru are all hanging out in West Virginia together.”
“No,” I said.
“No?”
“We’re, uh, not in West Virginia.”

Richelle Mead
“Auras tell a lot, Rose, and I'm very good at reading them. Much better than you friends probably are. A spirit dream wraps you own aura in gold, which is how I knew. Your personal aura is unique to you, though it fluctuates with your feelings and soul. When people are in love, it shows. Their auras shine. When you were dreaming, yours was bright. The colors were bright...but not what expected from a boyfriend. Of course, not every relationship is the same. People are at different stages. I would've brushed it off, except..."
"Except what?"
"Except, when you're with Dimitri, your aura's like the sun. So is his.”

Richelle Mead
“We cannot road trip to Paris.”

“Do you love him?”

Richelle Mead
“Same plan," agreed Dimitri. "You go to the house. You look less threatening."
"Hey!"
He smiled. "I said look.

Richelle Mead
“I bet you never thought the hardest part of finding your ‘saviorʹ would be getting her mom to let her stay out past curfew.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Nuttall haha i agree, i love rose's and dimitris love story, it would be so sad if they didnt end up together, adrian has really grown on me in the last few books but he's not got a patch on dimitri, its dimitri were roses heart belongs, theyve been through to much together for it to end like that, and its obvious how much dimitri is still so in love with her even though he said he wasnt, after the way he defended her after the guardians came for her, theres no way his feelings for her have changed. hes just heartbroken for everything he put her through wen he was strigoi, I hope adrian has a happy ever after too, but i cant see him with anyone but rose, so if richelle is killing anyone of in the next book i think it might be him, but lets hope not. ps...i think adrians mum - daniela killed the queen

Mikaela Sara wrote: "haha i agree, i love rose's and dimitris love story, it would be so sad if they didnt end up together, adrian has really grown on me in the last few books but he's not got a patch on dimitri, its d..."

I agree totally! I think richelle might not kill adrian, because I think that the VA spin off series will be about him... or at least I hope so. I feel bad that no one really wants him in this series!!! I think Rose's mum or dad might die instead. Though I hadn't thought of Adrians mum as a killer.... Nice theory. I'll have to think about that now.

message 3: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Nuttall lol, I really do like adrian, I really hope nothing happens to him, I hope he finds true love with someone, just not rose, theres no denying she and dimitri are meant to be together, as for adrians mum, I dont know...theres just something odd about her, maybe she killed the queen, framed rose to get her away from adrian and maybe she planned to kill christian, in the hope that it would bring lissa and adrian together, to me she just seems so calm and cool, theres got 2 be something going on. lissa said to rose after the first time she met adrians parents that daniela didnt seem the sort to just accept roses adrians relationship with a dhampir, and rose saw daniela in the court grounds after she after she had helped prove dimitri was a dhampir again, were had daniela been? and the way she tried to tell rose to use damon as her lawyer insted of abe. maybe she has plotted with damon to lose the case and she knows abes reputation and knows theres a good chance he'd get her off. Im not sure though thats just my theory, I just dont like daniela at all. I cant wait til the book comes out :)

Mikaela Same! I cant wait.

message 5: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Nuttall im also thinking theres something strange about tasha, but im not sure, shes a hard character to read. shes got to be involved in the next book more. if daniela didnt kill the queen, then maybe she did, if not i think she'll help rose somehow. and what is thet eye pendant all about that her dad and given to her mum. That might be used in the book, as some sort of protection thing, afterall thats wat its supposed to be for, if not, what was the point of even mentioning it.

Lisa I agree with you 100%! I also do not like Tasha at all something is just not right with her! And I know in my heart Rose & Dimitri will end up with their HEA. And as soon as I heard about a Spin off i automatically assumed it would be about Adrian too...i would sooo love that! Cannot wait until Dec 7th!!

message 7: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Nuttall I can see adrian ending up with sydney, that would be good, then in the spin offs we can hear more about the alchemists work, and she did say adrian was cute :)
I think daniela killed tatiana for defo, but I also think that tashas gonna be bad too. I think that WHEN rose and dimitri get back together she will try to use compulsion on him to make him leave rose and get her pregnant. But as stupid as it sounds, cos it aint supposed to be possible. I think that dimitri will get rose pregnant. I cant see richelle leaving him without a baby, seeing how much he wanted one. Im not sure how though yet. Maybe cos both their souls have been healed by liss and shes healed the unfertility problem between them. And I think victor knows all about it. In shadow kissed when rose and dimitri visited him in his cell, he looked between them both and said `making babies isnt that difficult` I think he knows, and maybe he might even end up as a good guy by the end of it. haha, I hope all this happens, It would be a good way to end the series especially the baby part :)

Mikaela Sara wrote: "I can see adrian ending up with sydney, that would be good, then in the spin offs we can hear more about the alchemists work, and she did say adrian was cute :)
I think daniela killed tatiana for ..."

If rose and Dimitri DO have a baby (and if they do, i totally hope its a hot, mimiature version of dimitri), the spin off series could be about their child... that would also explain why Richelle Mead hasn't said who the spin off would be about, because she wouldn't have wanted the end of Last Sacrifice to be spoiled.

Anne-Marie Mathiesen shelf-for-dimitri-and-his-sexiness!!

Mikaela Anne-Marie wrote: "shelf-for-dimitri-and-his-sexiness!!"

I thought that it deserved it's own shelf! ;P

Christy ''I'm psychic. Yes ladies and gents, you heard me right. It's true. I predicted everything. I quote myself; "I think that Tasha killed the queen. ''

ME TOO! I was so sure Tasha killed her, and i also had a gut feeling that the Ivashkov's might have also been suspects, and turned out Daniella was!

i also predicted Jill as being the sibling, but that was kind of obvious! ahahahhaha

Mikaela Christy wrote: "''I'm psychic. Yes ladies and gents, you heard me right. It's true. I predicted everything. I quote myself; "I think that Tasha killed the queen. ''

ME TOO! I was so sure Tasha killed her, and i a..."

Well, they say great minds thing alike! ;P

Jessie Waraich ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry lol i loved this book and agree its the best book out of this series and i love dimitri lol and am glad him and rose are together and yes i also hope the spin off series is about adrian fallin in love because i felt so sorry for him in this book but i also want more christian and eddie in it <3

Readingirl98 OMG i guessed about tasha doing it and why she done as well i was so proud of myself when i got it rite LOL hope adrian and sydney do fall in love in the spin off series it was a good book but all the others in the series were better tho i still give it 5 stars

Brooke You'd probably do a better job than Rhonda. Go for it!